Most Viewed Photos

Up until this weekend, an image of me in my bikini was my most viewed Flickr photo. It was taken this summer after some lovely time in the sun… or was it before some sun? Hmm.

Recently, I’ve been posting photos taken at Northern Voice, with the universal Flickr tag “nv07“. My photos have all been tagged appropriately and my feed (including my Flickr pics) has been added to Planet NV. This has lead to a dramatic increase in traffic, due to everyone posting and browsing photos taken this weekend. This also leaves my personal rankings e.g. most popular photos etc. totally outta whack.

As of tonight, my MOST viewed Flickr photo is of Tod Maffin standing in front of Radio Canada‘s nightly news cameras (bumping my bikini pic to #2). No offense to Tod but is there something wrong with this picture?

flickrviews.jpg

Current Contests on Miss604
*All contests are open to residents of Canada only, unless otherwise stated. Contest timelines are published on each individual post along with entry methods. Some contests may only be open to those 19 years of age and older. Winners are announced on the contest blog posts. Contest policy »

1. DuaneSunday, February 25th, 2007 — 12:15am PST

Same thing happened to me, only without the bikini. I took a photo of Kris Krug in photocamp on Friday, and it’s up to 3897 views..

2. Miss604Sunday, February 25th, 2007 — 12:21am PST

wowsa – yeah… I guess I’m still pretty much a Flickr rookie – glad there’s NV exposure though and well, Tod’s tour of the CBC was really great 😛

3. Derek K. MillerSunday, February 25th, 2007 — 12:29am PST

A good number of my most popular photos aren’t even ones I’ve taken.

4. zona boySunday, February 25th, 2007 — 4:55am PST

A couple of descriptive tags and that bikini pic would make a serious comeback for the lead over that other “geekville” photo.

5. D’Arcy NormanSunday, February 25th, 2007 — 8:48am PST

Same thing here. I took one of Kris at MooseCamp, and it shot up to 3800+ views already. No idea why, either. Maybe some site used the images on an article? And NOBODY wants to see me in a bikini.

6. John BollwittSunday, February 25th, 2007 — 10:19am PST

Yeah, one of my most popular for a long time was this:
    07212006

Then it was replace by fallen trees. Now with NV, that’s been all shot to hell.

7. Miss604Sunday, February 25th, 2007 — 10:23am PST

Dan: I wouldn’t know what other kinds of tags to add, really

John: You’ll be seeing that image today when we go out – which reminds me, I gotta get my sappy “happy anniversary” post up 😛

8. TodSunday, February 25th, 2007 — 11:08am PST

It’s because under my clothes, I was wearing a bikini.

9. GZ ExpatSunday, February 25th, 2007 — 5:43pm PST

I gotta agree with John. Cleavage AND Beer…its a winner.

10. wynSunday, February 25th, 2007 — 5:54pm PST

Are you (subconsciously) trying to get that bikini pic back to the top? There’s a link to the bikini’s Flickr photo page but no link to Tod Maffin’s Flickr photo page.

11. BradleySunday, February 25th, 2007 — 6:41pm PST

i think she tagged the infamous bikini pic secretly with “britney, shaved, head” to bump it back up to #1

12. Miss604Sunday, February 25th, 2007 — 6:52pm PST

The bikini pic is now down to #7.

Wyn: The Tod/CBC pic is still at the top and it’s on a blog post on my main page… do I have to give it more exposure? hehe 😛

13. J.J.Monday, February 26th, 2007 — 11:35am PST

Give what more exposure?

14. Mort-yMonday, February 26th, 2007 — 11:47am PST

I realize I am a day late, but….I wish you and your hubby all the best for your First Wedding Anniversay. Lots of Love and Happiness for many, many years together.

15. EchthaarperückeMonday, February 26th, 2007 — 12:16pm PST

a cute girl-next-door-photo alway sells 🙂

16. Cosmo SpacelyTuesday, February 27th, 2007 — 2:30pm PST

Mayhaps the UBC “proxy” servers were having issues, and reloading the pictures due to “border control router” munging out at the number of connections. the numbers seem out of whack, considering the lack of responses on the high-hit NV/MC photos.

Curiously,
    Cosmo

17. Miss604Wednesday, February 28th, 2007 — 6:53pm PST

Update – the bikini pic is number 1 by 18 views 😀

18. Miss604’s Canuck Life :: A Vancouver Blog » Blog Archive » Northern Voice – MooseCamp 2008Tuesday, November 13th, 2007 — 11:31pm PST

[…] of Radio-Canada TV cameras and wooden ducks in the bowels of the CBC bunker have become some of my most-viewed Flickr photos […]

19. Miss604’s Canuck Life :: A Vancouver Blog » Blog Archive » Wired’s Sexy Geeks of 2007Wednesday, January 2nd, 2008 — 9:31pm PST

[…] February Tod Maffin’s photo outranked one of me in a bikini on my Flickr photo stream. This year, he was nominated as one of Wired’s “Sexiest Geeks […]