Capilano Suspension Bridge Park Anniversary Deals

In case you didn't get the memo

Thursday, February 22nd, 2007 — 11:27pm PDT

It’s completely legal for a woman to go topless in Vancouver.

Vancouver Police will soon be circulating a memo reminding officers that it’s okay for woman to walk around the City topless.

The move comes after a complaint was made to the police department from a woman who has crusaded for the right to go shirtless for years and was victorious in BC Supreme Court. [CKNW]

My husband made a point of sending me this story via del.icio.us. Maybe he’s hinting at something, maybe it’s something I might consider after the week I’ve had. Needless to say, with tonight’s dinner being the kick off for the Northern Voice conference, I’m ready to do some fierce networking.

Northern Voice 2007 T-shirtWhat does this have to do with being topless? Not much, really. I just had two things to post about and decided to combine them. Not that I want people to be thinking about me topless when considering me for potential career opportunities.

Tomorrow I’ll be doing some temping just to keep the cash-flow going in our household, while John enjoys a full day at Moose Camp. I’ll join in on the festivities on Saturday, and I will be wearing a shirt.

I have to say, it’s been a crazy 12 months that we’re going to celebrate on Sunday. By crazy I mean heart-stoppingly stressful and excruciatingly emotional and financially painful. But hey, we’re still smiling. Or at least John was when he sent me that link.

Update: Going to NV and you have no idea where it is specifically at UBC? Check out John’s post for map and details.

1. Chris says:

That’s it, I’m moving to Vancouver.

Or should I say, VanBOOBer.

No I probably shouldn’t.

2. Word around MooseCamp is that this post is some hot news.

3. Bradley says:

i pray to god that jenny doesn’t read this news……..

4. Jenny(sis604) says:

I am pretty excited about the bewbies

5. Mom604 says:

It really ticks me off that a female thinks she has the right to show her boobies in public. What about MY right not to have to see that sort of thing? It’s disgusting!!!!! Do I not have rights as well? I pray that she gets them caught in the sky-train doors! Tit for Tat!

6. The Writer says:

I totally support that woman’s right to walk around topless. I myself would probably elect not to, since I think I’d feel a little weird going to second base with the entire Lower Mainland, but hey, if she wants to, I say give ‘er, lady.

Is it just allowed on public beaches? Or are you allowed to say, go into the bank topless and do chequing? Because that would be pretty funny. I don’t know if Vancouver is ready for topless chequing, or topless Robo-sushi, or topless rollerblading (ouch.)

But let’s all take our hats off to the Vancouver Police, reminding us of our civil liberties, and hopefully getting to see some ta-tas in the meantime! ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Mort-Y says:

You are one SICK-O puppy, dude!!

8. AdoptedSon604 says:

yeah you tell em mort-y!!!

9. Zona Boy says:

I KNEW I liked this town for more reasons than just the easy availability of drugs and prostitutes

Being Inside the CBC