cinco de mayo fun times

we’re heading out to our fave hole-in-the wall mexican restaurant tonight to celebrate and have some excellent food. we’re meeting up with my sister and some friends who will probably want to totally go all out on the town afterwards. i think the plans are still in the works.
i don’t think we’ve gone ‘out on the town’ since my birthday. well, he and i have been out and about – to concerts and such, but not with my sister et al for a while – it should be totally fun, especially if laura gets off work in time and isn’t too busy doing work for our toronto office.

as you may or may not know (depending on how long you’ve been reading my blog) john makes a mean margarita – i still can’t wait to get back to Monticello, sit around his mom’s kitchen – eating pico de gallo and talk about life with the family.

as for tonight, we’ll see if we have any stories to tell later on…. :p

1. wynFriday, May 5th, 2006 — 9:36am PDT

Maybe you can answer my burning question… lol… but I feel as if Cinco de Mayo isn’t such a big thing “back east” (all the way on the coast, I’m not talking about Toronto) and I wondered last year if it is our proximity to the States that we share it. There is also that confounding factor that I didn’t have cable until I got to Vancouver, either, thus not exposed to American “culture.”

2. John’s MomFriday, May 5th, 2006 — 10:24am PDT

We’d love for you and John to be around the table with us too. – Mom “B”

3. LoLo D.Friday, May 5th, 2006 — 10:54am PDT

Okay, that seals it. I want to go to Iowa and visit John’s family! If you win the $35 million on that ticket I bought you, you can take us all to Iowa for an extended vacation!

But, seriously, did you just curse me? If I’m working until 1am again tonight, I’m calling you every hour on the hour and buzzing you on my way home! 😛

4. LoLo D.Friday, May 5th, 2006 — 10:56am PDT

To answer Wyn’s comment:

I don’t think our proximity to the states has anything to do with our celebrating Cinco de Mayo. I think it’s just that we West Coasties are more laid back and looking to have fun that ANY reason to party is a good one!

5. JennyFriday, May 5th, 2006 — 1:44pm PDT

I will try not to spill martini’s in our laps, but no garauntees. Ummm.. we had a pretty serious ‘night out’ for your stagette. How could you forget ?

6. Miss604Friday, May 5th, 2006 — 1:46pm PDT

how could i remember!! hehe i meant all of us ya know… but yeah… that was wicked 🙂 you the bestest

7. VinceFriday, May 5th, 2006 — 11:58pm PDT

Hello Miss604,

Thanks for reminding me, I had completely forgotten today was El Cinco de Mayo. As wyn said, it’s such a cultural thing and I guess easily forgotten when nobody around you knows much about it.

Happy Cinco de mayo, y viva la libertad! 😉